Indoor or Field Classes
Join Naturalist Artist guide Mary McAndrew in sketching, painting and experiencing nature through art.
Mary McAndrew (716) 741-4544 firstname.lastname@example.org
Come explore nature with me as we work indoors or out from real nature subjects and photos. Whether it's a weekly class or one day workshop we’ll learn drawing from life techniques that will improve your artistic skills in the field and how to draw from photos in the studio. We'll learn how to identify subjects in nature and how to draw them. We’ll learn foundation drawing skills and how to use pencil, color pencil, watercolor pencil and watercolors. I’ll also introduce NEW materials on the market (water soluble graphite and the waterbrush) and how to use them. This is a fun class that will teach you how to capture nature on paper and help bring your skills to a new level.
I can offer my class to your group, whether it's school children or retirement homes, everyone loves my classes and has a good time learning! Please call me if you'd like to talk about the possibilities of what we can arrange.
What we’ll do in class:
- Create your own Nature Journal (mostly for field classes but we can do this for indoor class also).
- Create your own Art Kit.
- Work with pencil, color pencil, watercolor, watercolor pencil, ink, watersoluble graphite.
- Learn how to do studies of plants, flowers, birds, leaves, trees, clouds, bugs...you name it!
- Identify local wildflowers, plants, birds, trees and more from our sketches using field guides.
- Introduction to landscape drawing and painting
- Learn basic drawing skills– value, shape, texture, gesture, shadow and light
- Learn how to see “Simple Shapes” + use “Comparative Measurements”.
my email: email@example.com
Adults and Children Welcome in ALL my classes!!
email me to inquire, I'd love to talk to you about our next adventure!