Monday, January 7, 2008

"Sketch of Field in December"



This is a sketch in oil crayons I did while looking out my studio window in December.I have made up a small kit of easy to carry art supplies and am giving the oil crayons a go. It's been years since I've used them but am looking for transportable color. I always liked using them as you can smear them like oil paint, thought it's a bit harder to do! But they won't smudge all over in a sketch book like soft pastels can. They are a bit hard to get detail with if your sketching with them, but you can if you take your time and sharpen the end with a blade.
Anyhow....to keep my small kit small...I broke the oil crayons in half, half for my kit, half in a baggie to keep in studio. This way I can try out colors, see what works, what doesn't.

No comments: